Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Firmware (84.06.01) for 7390

Junior Member Newbie

New Firmware (84.06.01) for 7390

ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/english/

Important: This firmware is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7390 International Edition

Product : FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7390
    Version : FRITZ!OS 6.01 (84.06.01)
    Language : English, French, Italian, Spanish
    Annex : A and B

New Features : - Wireless LAN Guest Access new as "private hotspot"
    - Ready for vectoring
    - Parental control with shared budget for multiple devices
    - Improved and expanded push services with automatic email notifications
    - New MyFRITZ! access to answering machine, Smart Home and FRITZ!NAS for mobile devices
    - Smart Home functionality now even more convenient and with more information
    - FRITZ!Fon with media player and much more
    - Easier VPN setup, optimized for iOS tablets and smartphones

Member Member
    Hmmm, what's with this:
    Media Server/NAS
    ... Please note: access to fritz.nas via Windows Network Sharing (SMB/Samba) is not supported in this firmware version
    There's nothing about that in the German release notes for 6.01.

Member Member
    The Update Wizard on my 7390 is now offering to upgrade to 84.06.01

Senior Member Member
    There is mention of it in the official release notes (info.txt) under the Media Server/NAS heading here:
    http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fri...mware/english/

Junior Member Newbie
    Has anyone successfully updated the firmware and retained internet access when used in conjunction with a Netgear CG3100D-2 (Telstra cable)?

Ive flashed the Fritz 3 times now and have had to roll back to retain internet access. From what I can see the settings remained exactly the same during the firmware upgrade but ceases to communicate with the Netgear (cant even access the Netgear's settings page).

Ive tried rebooting all devices etc to no avail.

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTech View Post
    There is mention of it in the official release notes (info.txt) under the Media Server/NAS heading here:
    http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fri...mware/english/
    Yes, you're correct that there is. That's what I was quoting. But there's no mention of a limitation with Windows Network Sharing in the release notes for the German version of 6.01, http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fri...utsch/info.txt, though there is in the Austrian/Swiss version, http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fri..._a-ch/info.txt
    Hinweis: Der Zugriff über Windows Netzwerkfreigaben (SMB/Samba) ist in dieser Firmwareversion nicht unterstützt
    i.e.
    Note: Access using Windows Network Sharing (SMB/Samba) is not supported in this firmware version
    So what exactly is the limitation, what services are affected, and why is it a problem in the English/international version and in the Austrian/Swiss version, but not in the German version?

Senior Member Member
    I can get to my folders on the F!B nas by opening up (win 7 File) explorer and Right clicking on "Computer" and then going to "Add a Network Location" menu choice.

After going through all the 'Next' boxes I eventually get to a screen with a dropdown box.

I select

ftp://ftpuser@xx.xx.xx.xxx/

Which is one of the options of the drop down box and the WAN IP address of the modem.

After getting to finish I then see the WAN IP address as a drive on the 'explorer' page

I have renamed that as "Fritz.Box NAS.

When you click on that link you are taken to the F!B NAS and can see all the folders and files.

Member Member
    I must admit I am disapointed that I can no longer mount the NAS on my linux machine.
    I did not notice that little clause in the changes.
    I do hope that the feature will come back in a later release.
    In the meantime, I am using ftpfs to mount the NAS.

Junior Member Newbie
    Does the firmware upgrade remove the ability to assign two separate names to the different WLAN frequencies?

Senior Member Member
    No.

You need to go right down the bottom of the web page and look for view and click on standard to change it to advanced view.

The you will see you can change the SSID names.